This project was assisted by a grant from the Upper Delaware Council, Narrowsburg, NY 12764

Town of Tusten

Town of Tusten  © | Privacy Policy

Sullivan County, NY

Eagle Capital of New York State


Absentee Ballot Application

Adopt-A-Road Application

Application for Copy of Birth Certificate

Application for a Handicap Parking Permit

Town Hall

Application for Copy of Death Certificate

Dog License Application

Employment Application

Freedom of Information (FOIL) Request

Fireworks Application

Genealogy Search Application

Handicap Parking Application

Application for Copy of Marriage Certificate

Marriage Requirements

Voter Registration Application

photos by Kelly Dean 


You may pay in person at the Catskill Hudson Bank or at the Office of the Tusten Town Clerk

Online tax Payments will be accepted starting Tuesday December 26, 2017 at or by clicking below

If you wish to pay with a check or money order, you may mail your payment.

Send Payment as follows:

Town of Tusten Tax Collector 

PO Box 195   
210 Bridge Street
Narrowsburg, NY 12764

You may locate the amount of your tax bill as of Tuesday, December 26, 2017 by visiting
or by clicking the the "Pay my 2018 Property Taxes" button Above

Crystal Weston

Town of Tusten 

210 Bridge St.
P.O. Box 195
Narrowsburg, NY 12764

Office Hours: 

Tuesday: :9am-12pm

Wednesday: 9am-12pm

Thursday: 9am-12pm

Also by appointment.

Phone:  (845) 252-7146 - Prompt 9
Fax:      (845) 252-7509

The Office of Town Clerk is a diversified position with many duties and responsibilities that are contained mainly in Section 30 N.Y.S. Town Law. The Town Clerk is the legal custodian of all town records, therefore, is also the town's Records Management Officer responsible for the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive Records Management Program. She is the town's Licensing Agent, responsible for issuing all dog licenses, marriage licenses, handicapped parking permits, and other licenses mandated by various state and local laws.  And in 2016 is now responsible for certifying and filing Birth and Death records. 

     The Town Clerk must also complete and accurately record the proceedings of each Town Board Meeting. In addition, the Tusten Town Clerk serves as Records Access Officer, the officer who accepts and processes FOIL (Freedom of Information) Requests. Her position is elected and carries a four-year term. 

     Responsible for certifications of documents, Oaths of Office, Notices of Claims against the Town.  Publishes Legal Notices in accordance with State Law.  Certifies and files all Local Laws with the NYS Dept. of State.  Maintains Local Law Book.   Updates Town Code Book and maps as laws are adopted and distributes updates to all Boards and appropriate employees.

     The Town Clerk is responsible for all license sales and fees received during the month.  Monthly financial reports are prepared with remittance of fees collected to State Agencies and local revenue turned over to Town Supervisor.

     Publishes Bid Notices, receives sealed bids, conducts bid openings, submits to Town Board for bid award, notifies successful bidder.  Schedules use of Tusten Community Hall. 

Frequently Asked Questions?

Must I license my dog and how can I do so?

     All dogs in New York State, at least four months of age, must be licensed. Since Sullivan County has been declared a “rabies-county,” a dog license cannot be issued without proof the dog has an up-to-date rabies vaccination. Tags are not acceptable; you must have the paper certificate.  The fee is $20.00 for dogs not spayed/neutered, and $10.00 for dogs that are. Proof of spaying/neutering must be submitted to the Clerk's office before the discount can be given. Licenses can be purchased for one, two or three years and must coincide with the rabies expiration date.

What is needed to obtain a marriage license?

     Both individuals to be wed must be present when applying for a marriage license. The fee is $30.00. Once the license is issued there is a 24-hour waiting period and is valid for 60 days. Military personnel can waive the 24-hour wait.  A driver's license or passport and a birth certificate, must be presented as well as all final divorce papers and death certificate (if applicable). After hours appointments are made to obtain a marriage license. After the marriage is complete, the couple will receive an original marriage certificate from the Town Clerk. Each additional certified copy costs $10.00.

Where can I register to vote?
     The Town Clerk's Office has applications for voter registration and absentee ballot application also at the Sullivan County Board of Elections.

How can I obtain a hunting or fishing license?

     Town clerk’s office no longer issues hunting or fishing licenses. Licenses can be obtained through the local sports shop.

Where do I obtain a Handicapped Parking Permit?

     The Town Clerk's Office issues Handicapped Permits for Tusten residents only. Handicapped Permits are issued at no cost. Driver I.D. or Non-Driver I.D. Card required for proof of residency. 

 How do I get copies of Town records?
A written request must be submitted for access to records. Be specific as possible when requesting documents.  Copies of all paper records cost $.25 per copy excluding large maps. Copies of tape recordings can also be obtained, however, the cost will vary. Request for Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates is not covered under FOIL and an application must be completed (see below).

Listed below are forms, several information brochures, and links to NY State Agencies.

Town Clerk

Records Management Officer

Tax Collector & Registrar