Town of Tusten

Sullivan County, NY

Insert text here

Building / Code Enforcement


Building Department

210 Bridge St
Narrowsburg, NY 12764

Phone: (845) 252-7146 prompt 2
Fax: (845) 252-7509

Gary Amerbach, Enforcement Officer
Jocelyn Strumpher, Building Clerk

The Building Inspector issues building permits for any construction which is structural in nature in the Town of Tusten.  Examples would be decks, pools, screen porches, sheds, additions, alterations, re-roofing, generators, new homes, septic and wells, etc.  Always check to see if a permit is required before performing any work.  Licenses electricians are required in Sullivan County.  Forms for the Building Department are available on the Forms Page.

Construction without a necessary permit is a violation on your property.  Fees are based upon cost of construction and type of permit. 

Upon receipt of a building permit, during the building process, inspections are required, and a final inspection is necessary by the Building Inspector, before a Certificate of Occupancy can be issued.  Some structures were built prior to the requirement of Certificates of Occupancy and are handled case by case. 

Use of any structure without a Certificate of Occupancy constitutes a violation on your property.  If you try to sell your property, or re-finance, the bank or financial institution will require that you provide them with a copy of your Certificate of Occupancy. 

Proclamation for Building Safety Month

Planning Board

The Planning Board meets on the 1st Monday of every month at 7:00 p.m.  This is an eight-member volunteer board.  The Planning Board makes decisions on subdivision and special use permit applications.  Meetings are held at the Tusten Community Hall, 210 Bridge St, Narrowsburg, NY 12764.

Agendas & Minutes
Planning Board Application
Member Listing

Zoning Board of Appeals
The Zoning Board meets on the 3rd Monday of every month at 7:30 p.m.  This is a five-member volunteer board. The Zoning Board makes decision on variance applications.  Meetings are held at the Tusten Community Hall at 210 Bridge St. Narrowsburg, NY 12764

Agendas & Minutes
Zoning Board Application
Member Listing


Eagle Capital of New York State